MC-4 ADAT-AES3-S/PDIF Digital Audio Format & Sample Rate Converter
The MC-4 is a high performance digital multichannel audio format and sampling rate converter for ADAT™, AES3 and S/P-DIF.
The MC-4 converts ADAT™, AES3 and S/P-DIF digital multichannel audio signals whereas uni- and bidirectional conversion modes are available. All digital audio signals can be processed up to 192.0kHz including SMUX2 and SMUX4 support for ADAT™conversions with higher clock rates than 48.0kHz. Based on latest FPGA designs, the MC-4 achieves levels of performance regarding its signal quality, unique flexibility and clocking features, which are outstanding in today’s industry!
• ADAT™, AES/EBU and S/P-DIF interfaces working in one box.
• Format and sampling rate conversions up to 192.0kHz.
• SMUX2 and SMUX4 support for ADAT™conversions.
• Signal improvement through audiophil-optimized PLL synthesizers.
• Extremely flexible synchronization options.
• Separate AES11 reference clock input for e.g. broadcast use.
• Converts standalone and bidirectionally with different sampling rates: X-SRC.
• 16 channel sampling rate conversion engine (SRC) for bidirectional conversions.
• Continuous signal supply in absence of the reference audio or clock signal.
• Runs standalone in all SRC operation modes without needing an external
master clock reference.
• AES11, Grade 1, internal reference clock (0.5ppm).
• Word Clock output useable as master clock reference.
• Easy configurable.
• User settings will be stored in FLASH memory after switching-off.
• Rack space saving ½ 19” case allowing for mounting two devices side by side
in one rack unit.
• Built-in international power supply.
• Interconnection of consumer and professional digital audio devices.
• Audiophil clock recovery and signal regeneration.
• ADAT™ + SMUX2/4, AES3 and S/P-DIF format and sampling rate conversions.
• Integration of non-synchronizable devices, like musical instruments, DAT players, MD recorders or DAWs into digital studio environments.
• Realtime bidirectional signal transfers between sends/returns of digital mixing consoles and effect processors.
• Uni- and bidirectional interconnection of computerbased sound cards with professional digital audio equipment.
• Usable within small studio set-ups up to broadcast installations.
PERIPHERAL MUTEC PRODUCTS
• MC-3 SMART CLOCK, Digital Audio Master Clock Generator
• MC-3.1 SMART CLOCK SD, Digital Audio and SD Video Sync Master Clock Generator
• MC-3.2 SMART CLOCK HD, Digital Audio and SD/HD Video Sync Master Clock Generator
• MC-2, AES3/AES11 Signal Distribution Amplifier and Converter
• MC-7, Word Clock distribution amplifier and audio clock converter