MC-1, MC-1.1 Digital Audio Format Converters for S/PDIF and AES/EBU.
MC-1 and MC-1.1 are multifunctional, high performance digital audio format converters for S/PDIF and AES/EBU.
Due to the increasing number of devices with S/PDIF and AES/EBU interfaces found in every studio environment more and more often, a problem of different transmission formats and interface standards occurs mostly when those devices should exchange their digital audio data. At this point MC-1 and MC-1.1 come in and help to convert both digital audio formats and their corresponding interface standards in different ways.
MC-1 + MC-1.1 COMMON FEATURES:
• S/PDIF optical/coaxial and AES/EBU interfaces in one box.
• Uni-directional format conversion from 32.0kHz to 192.0kHz between
• S/PDIF and AES3/AES11.
• Simultaneous format conversion to all output formats while allowing
• the original signal to pass through.
• Signal improvement by low-jitter PLLs.
• ADAT™ transfer through AES/EBU lines.
• NONE-PCM and DTS bitstream detections.
• SCMS processing and status analysing.
• Easy configurable.
• User's settings will be stored after switching-off.
• Rack space saving 1/2 19" housing allowing for mounting two devices
• in one rack unit.
• Built-in international power supply.
MC-1.1 especially offers double circuitries for bi-directional connections which allows to run two signal paths individually. In addition, this unit consists of two outputs for each digital audio format which enables to use MC-1.1 as an ADAT™ signal splitter and S/PDIF + AES/EBU distribution amplifier.
ADDITIONAL FEATURES FOR MC-1.1:
• Bi-directional format conversion from 32kHz to 192kHz.
• ADAT™ signal splitting + line extension.
• S/PDIF optical/coaxial + AES/EBU signal splitting.
• S/PDIF, AES/EBU and ADAT™ signal distribution.
• Interconnection of consumer and professional digital audio devices.
• Realtime bi-directional signal transfer and format conversion
• between send/returns of digital mixing consoles and effect processors.
• Uni- or bi-directional interconnection of computer-based sound cards
• with professional digital audio equipment.
• S/PDIF, AES3 and AES11 signal splitting and distribution.
• Distance extension for ADAT™ and S/PDIF optical signals
• through symmetrical AES/EBU lines for e.g. theater or broadcast installations.
• Digital audio signal refreshing.
• SCMS coding of digial audio productions to protect those against illegal copying.
• S/PDIF optical/coaxial status analysing.